Sunday, September 29, 2013

Etsy Store or Somewhere else?

Hey Guys,

So, I've been away from normal blogging for three reasons.

1. We went to the Renaissance Festival and I was busy getting us (me, the boyfriend, and baby boy) ready so we could just leave after I got off work.

2. Work/School

3. I've been researching ways to sell online.

I've been looking into the obvious shops like Etsy or if I should do it more organically and create my own shop. Creating my own store online I feel would be 8 bagillion (it's a measurement I swear!) times more expensive and time consuming. Which, as I've illustrated above I do not have a lot of.

I really want to take my time with this and get all the details right for me so I am proud of what I come up with and not so rushed. That's really why I wanted to start this blog first so I could document my journey of creating Hot Chocolate Weather. I want to make everyone feel included.

I'm thinking that maybe before starting a store online and selling actual inventory (vs. custom orders) that maybe I will start going to craft shows, expos, trade shows and talk with people and see how they did it. Then maybe set up a booth when I feel more comfortable.

I want to start out small and gain customers who keep coming back because they know I'm good at what I do and I will work with them.

I'm really seriously debating on whether or not to focus on one aspect of crochet or just go crazy and do what I want and sell what I want.

I'm also thinking of future promotions or small gifts for large orders. I keep telling myself to move slowly but I feel like I keep rushing. I'm going to get a notebook to keep all my loose lists and ideas in.

With that I leave you...

Love & Warmth to You,

Hailey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!