Monday, July 21, 2014

Corner to Corner Afghan

I am loving the trend in crochet that is the  "c2c" or corner to corner afghan. They are easy mindless blankets to work on once you get the increase down, and that only takes a row or two. 

The first c2c afghan I made in pinks and a lavender. It is up for silent auction at my local Dairy Queen's Family Fun Night. The money for each item will go to Children's Miracle Network. This also means I get to cross two items off of my "crochet bucket list": donate items to charity and learn new stitch patterns (this one doesn't really get crossed off so to speak). 


This is the 2nd c2c blanket I have started. It will be throw blanket size, so about 50"x50" once finished. This one is intended as a gift. 


I'm kind of sad the colors aren't coming through as clear. The darker color is a really pretty navy blue and the yellow is a bit more muted in person. Fluorescent bulbs do not showcase the colors well. 

*pattern/awesome video tutorial can be found on youtube with Mikey of The Crochet Crowd.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!