Friday, January 3, 2014

30 Days Blog Challenge: Day 2

Hey everybody, happy Friday! It's almost the weekend and I am so excited for the weekend. I hope you are too so we can share our excitement. As you know I've been partaking in the 30 Days of Blogging challenge and day 2 is:

20 Things About Me
1. I am a mom to a little boy who just turned one in the beginning of December. He keeps me pretty busy during the day. 
2. I am a college student studying Sales and Marketing Management. I just finished my first semester back after graduating from high school in 2007.
3. I have been crocheting for about four years, knitting for about three months, and am about to get reacquainted with sewing.
4: I am currently obsessed with the song, Sweet Annie by Zac Brown Band. Here is a video of them performing it at Red Rocks (Wish I could have seen it live first hand!):
5. My favorite movie is a tie between Death to Smoochy and Benny & Joon. I know those are two wildly different types of movies, but I love them both.
6. I love to read and choosing a favorite book is like asking me to choose which one of my cats I like best. 
7. I have two cats - Milo & Sparrow. We also have some fish, but only the giant sucker fish has a name, which is Leviathan. 
8. I come from a crafty family. Both of my Grandmas crochet, sew, garden,and embroider. One weaves rugs and makes soap; and the other also knits and does cross stitch. My mom likes to paint porcelain houses, crochets, sews, embroiders, quilts, can make soap, and she likes to make decorations out of plastic canvas. I'm sure I'm missing stuff that they do, because they all do a lot of different types of crafts. Also, a good chunk of my aunts and cousins do crafty type stuff too. 
9. I love organizing, but am really bad at staying organized. I'm really proud actually of my Hot Chocolate Weather Binder, because that has stayed pretty well organized so far. I've been shoving papers, mind maps and other brain storming things in it. 
10. I have two brothers and a sister who are all older than me. I have 3 nieces and 1 nephew.
11. Any holiday that my family gets together to celebrate together is my favorite. 
12. I have 1 tattoo and I want another one.
13. I have met Dia Frampton from the first season of the Voice (or Meg & Dia depending on where you know her from) twice. Once at Warped Tour in 2009 and when they were on tour again in 2011 for their EP It's Always Stormy in Tillamook.
14. I have a concert bucket list. I want to see these bands live before they kick the bucket and disband or retire from music.
- Zac Brown Band
- Lady Antebellum
- Rascal Flatts
- Imagine Dragons
- Hunter Hayes
- Carrie Underwood
- Dia Frampton
& many more
15. I adore cold weather drinks: Hot Apple Cider, Hot Chocolate, Coffee, Tea... I drink these even in the summer when it's not so cold out.
16. I love making to do lists.
17. I drink way too much pop, but I'm trying to cut down on how much I drink.
18. I like the challenge of reverse engineering crochet items I see in stores (which isn't too often, crochet isn't often mass produced.) I look forward to the challenge of reverse engineering knitting when I get better at it.
19. I look up to Lucy from Attic24, Kristin Omdahl, Robyn Chachula - and a bunch more. These crochet designers are absolutely amazing. I love Lucy's (haha...) color choices, and Kristin's construction of a garment is absolutely amazing. You can't go wrong with any of Robyn Chachula's patterns or books.
20. It took me 3 hours to come up with this list because I couldn't think of stuff and had to walk around and do stuff while I thought about what to put on here. 

Stay Tuned:
        Next week I'm on vacation so I'm going to try to set up the queue. If for whatever reason it outsmarts me, then the Monday after will be Day 3 of the 30 days of blogging challenge and that Wednesday will feature a FREE(!!) pattern instead of/or with an update on my WIPs. Have a good friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!